cute flower fabric pin tutorial

Hi, I made these flower fabric last night. Let's see the picture *drum please*
when first time I made it (the brown one), I feel very overwhelmed. cause at last I could give my self a try. when I repeat the technic, and tried to remember it, the others (the green and the yellow) became so easy to make.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos from the start, so I draw in Illustrator to help you make a simple flower pin like that picture.

For Material:
  1. 50cm wide smooth fabric like silk or cotton silk, or anything smoothy
  2. a yarn that match with the fabric's color and a needle
  3. scissors
  4. a little vicks vaporub. I use this for the circle pattern^^
  5. pen/pencil
  6. pin
  7. hot glue. I use UHU power glue.
For Preparation:
  1. Take the vicks vaporub above the fabric, then make 14 circles with a pen or pencil. 
  2. Cut that 14 circles gently. Note: silky fabric is so tricky when you cutting it, be gently and careful so you can make good circle.


For the Process:
1. Pile 2 circles, then stitch them in the middle. This is will be your base for the flower
2. fold half circle number 3,4,5,6. then stitch them in the middle.

3. for the rest 8 circles, we fold quarter them, then we stitch a little bit in the end of each quarter

4. put quarter number 7,8,9,10 above the half circle. then put the rest quarter above them. use your creative hand to put them nicely^^.

5. Open each your petal. Make it cute shape.
6. put the pin in the back of your flower, and hot glue them. make sure to gluing them tightly.

Voila! Now you have your own cute flower fabric pin! You can use any smooth material from your household or from your old gown. Use it to your cardigan or your clutch to make romantic outfit.

keep try it! ^^

Komentar